TenGun™ Version 2.3
TenGun is a high-performance, easy-to-use tool for working with Point Cloud and particle data.
It is primarily targeted toward pre-processing and post-processing of SPH (Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics), CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), DEM (Discrete Element Method), and similar
There are two main functions, Pre-Processing and Post-Processing as described below.
Time Series Mode (Post-Processing)
Analysis applications typically generate a number of timestep-based particle (point) output. The output contains particle positions, velocities, pressure, temperature, and other relevant analysis results. TenGun is then used to
visually verify those results.
Post-processing features include:
- Flexible input file handling. Easily define additional text input file layouts in minutes. Use with your own application, commerical applications such as LS-DYNA, and with Open Source applications such as LIGGGHTS.
- Filter values using field name and range expressions to display specific details.
- Cut (slice) the results one or more times to inspect the inside of the model.
- Emphasis on ease-of-use, and without a bloated User Interface.
- Easily create analysis presentation material.
- Animated playback. Play back a series of analysis output files.
- Create a movie file from the animation output.
- Convert point cloud analysis results to a mesh for 3D Printing.
- Automated report creation.
- Multiple chart types: Frequency Distribution (bar chart or line chart), Line Chart, Scatter Diagram, and Timeline with statistics.
- Copy Screenshot to file or to Clipboard for use in other documentation.
- Easily customizable "Display Profiles" that allow definition of user-specific input file layouts, colors, labels, and other settings.
- High-performance, even with large datasets.
- Multi-lingual. English and Japanese are currently available.
Assembly Mode (Pre-Processing)
TenGun can create input data for various analysis applications. This typically involves converting multiple CAD files to particle format, and then adding application-specific parameters such as timing control, material properties, boundary conditions, and so on.
TenGun encapsulates these pre-processing activities with a few simple operations.
Pre-processing features include:
- Read a number of CAD file formats including IGES, LS-DYNA, OBJ, PLY, STEP ISO 130303-203, STEP ISO 130303-214, and STL.
- Convert a CAD mesh to a point cloud.
- Convert CAD data between STEP, IGES, and STL formats.
- Create custom CAD objects for use as particle containers using built-in basic shapes such as boxes, pipes, wedges, revolutions, extrusions, and others.
For many cases you can use just TenGun, and avoid having to use a separate CAD application.
- Edit CAD object geometry, and combine objects with Boolean Operations.
- Export assembled CAD models to your favorite application for fluid, solid, thermal, or other analysis. TenGun converts CAD objects to particle format during this process.
TenGun contains a built-in, full-featured text editor to handle those other editing tasks related to your analysis or other work.
See examples of TenGun in Action here.
- Windows 7 or Windows 10, 64-bit edition.
- 64-bit CPU with Advanced Vector Instructions ("AVX"). This feature is available in most CPUs made since 2013.
- 8GB memory, or more if you will be working with very large data models.
- A GPU is recommended, but not required.
Versions for macOS and Linux are under development. Contact us for the latest availabity information.
TenGun is available with the following licensing options:
- Basic Viewer (Free). Includes the basic Time Series Mode viewer functionality and supports a limited number of particles. May be used for non-commericial use, and no support is provided.
- Advanced Viewer. Time Series Mode viewer, read various CAD files, no particle limit, may be used for commercial use, and support is available.
- Reports. Same as above, and allows creation of Reports and Charts.
- Professional. All features including Assembly Mode pre-processing features.
The "Free" version does not require a license file. Contact us regarding volume discounts and academic discounts.
Download TenGun Here.